Thorn Technologies has an opening for an experienced iOS developer for an exciting new project. We are looking for someone who can take a lead role in the development of an innovative iPad game from the early concept phase through App Store release. Our client is a successful serial entrepreneur with VC backing. This is an amazing opportunity to be involved with a very high profile mobile application development project and earn a ton of street cred.
We are seeking an eager and self-motivated developer to work in this flexible but fast-paced environment. While location and hours are flexible, you will be expected to meet tight customer deadlines and constantly push the boundaries of mobile application design and functionality. Self-discipline is a must. You will be expected to telecommute when not required onsite for team meetings or at client offices.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision for all Full Time Employees. Independent Consultants will be considered with the right qualifications. You will be free to work in your ideal work environment, but you must reside in the state of Maryland and be available for team meetings in Columbia, MD when necessary.
- Primarily telecommute. Must reside in the state of Maryland and be available for team meetings in the Columbia area.
- Object oriented analysis and design experience
- Proven experience developing native iOS applications for iPhone and iPad
- Mastery of Objective-C and XCode development environment
- Experience releasing commercial applications to the iTunes App Store
- Strong understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
- UI and UX design experience
- The ability to write code that is clean and beautiful
- The ability to work with the team to turn customer vision into functional requirements, wireframes, screen mockups, working prototypes, and final production releases
- Game development
- Experience developing animation, 3D rendering, and graphic intensive apps using OpenGL or other high performance graphics engine
- Backend server software development experience
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Spring / Hibernate
- Android App development
- Experience developing mobile optimized websites
- Expertise with Linux / Tomcat / Apache
Education or Work Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent 4 year degree
- At least two years of professional mobile application development experience
Interested candidates should send resumes and samples of recent work to email@example.com. U.S. citizens only. No recruiters or agencies please.