Thorn Technologies is seeking a self motivated, talented iPhone Developer for several exciting, venture-backed, mobile projects. The candidate must have a strong sense of ownership, attention to detail, pride in the quality of his or her work, and the ability to meet deadlines. Successful candidates will also possess the ability to learn on their own while consistently pushing the boundaries of mobile application design and functionality.
As a new member of our team and part of a growing startup company, there will be excellent opportunities for advancement. Thorn Technologies is a leading mobile software development firm with customers like Sprint, Nokia, Acxiom & Caesars Entertainment. This is an exciting chance to be an early stage employee of a promising mobile tech company.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance for all Full Time Employees. No sitting in rush hour traffic! This position offers flexible hours and the added benefit of working from home. Self discipline is a must. You will be free to work in your ideal work environment, but you must reside in the state of Maryland and be available for team meetings in Columbia, MD when necessary. Independent Consultants will be considered with the right qualifications.
- Primarily telecommute. Must reside in the state of Maryland and be available for onsite client support and team meetings in the Columbia area.
- Object oriented analysis and design experience
- Proven experience developing native iOS applications for iPhone and iPad
- Strong understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
- Experience releasing commercial applications to the iTunes App Store
- UI / UX design experience
- Basic graphic design ability – knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to use Photoshop to mockup sample application screenshots
- Ability to mockup Mobile app and website wireframes
- Ability to turn the customer vision into functional requirements
- Back end server development experience
- Java and or .NET
- Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP (LAMP)
- Database & SQL knowledge (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server)
Education or Work Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent 4 year degree
- At least two years of professional mobile application development experience
Interested candidates should send resumes and samples of recent work to email@example.com. U.S. citizens only. No recruiters or agencies please.
About Thorn Technologies
Thorn Technologies LLC is a software development and consulting firm that specializes in building end-to-end mobile software solutions. We excel in delivering large-scale, enterprise mobile solutions as well as professional mobile websites and cutting-edge smartphone applications. Our work includes the development of location-based content management systems, data warehouse & analytics systems, real-time alerting and messaging systems, bulk SMS & MMS marketing platforms, and mobile applications and websites for Fortune 500 companies including Sprint, Nokia, H&R Block, & Caesars Palace. We also build mobile solutions to help small- and medium-sized businesses grow. With more than 20 years of combined mobile experience, Thorn Technologies is among the leading experts in mobile software development.