Here’s a video from the Columbia AWS Meetup held on May 17, 2018 about how to use AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM) Command Line Interface (CLI) to build and test a serverless app locally.
In this presentation, Meetup member Neil Giarratana uses SAM CLI to build a sports score application.
Some of the things Neil presents include:
- Best practices and anti-patterns for serverless application architecture
- Leveraging SAM CLI to launch his API server, invoke Lambdas from the CLI, and generate payloads for different types of events
- Consolidating your code repositories to better handle cross-dependencies in a distributed system
- Using AWS X-Ray to more easily debug in a distributed system
- Utilizing middleware for common tasks such as authorization, caching, validation, and more
Check out the video below and let us know your thoughts. Now go on and start building a serverless application!