You can now easily and securely transfer files to Azure Blob Storage with SFTP Gateway.
We’re proud to announce that SFTP Gateway is now available on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace!
SFTP Gateway is a secure-by-default, pre-configured SFTP server that saves uploaded files to Azure Blob Storage. It is built on the base Ubuntu 18.04 image from Canonical found on Azure.
SFTP is still commonly used to support long-established business processes and securely transfer files with third party vendors. And it doesn’t make much sense for you to spend time and engineering resources on building your own SFTP server.
So we’ve built a simple, secure, and reliable way for Azure users to transfer files. You can use SFTP Gateway as a traditional SFTP server or to upload files to Azure storage.
Here are some of the key features of the product:
- Simple deployment: You can deploy SFTP Gateway with a few clicks from the Azure Marketplace. Check out the video below to see how easy it is to set up the product in just 11 minutes.
- Easy user management: SFTP Gateway includes an admin web interface so you can manage users without the command line. The admin web interface lets you create users, configure their SSH key, and set a Blob Storage upload location. SFTP Gateway also provides RESTful and command line interfaces for easier scripting.
- Security: SFTP users are configured with SSH public key authentication by default. This is more secure than passwords, which can be weak and are sent over the wire. Password authentication can still be enabled if necessary.
SFTP Gateway Architecture
The architecture of SFTP Gateway looks like this:
- An Ubuntu-based Linux VM sits in a Network Security Group that has ports 22, 80, and 443 open (you have to open these ports yourself).
- An admin user manages SFTP users from a web interface.
- SFTP users upload files that gets pushed to Azure Blob Storage.
- That’s it!
We are excited to help companies using Microsoft Azure to transfer files to Azure Blob Storage.
To learn more about the product, check out the SFTP Gateway product page on the Azure Marketplace.
And feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Please let us know what you think about the product!